RTC Forums
April 25, 2024, 10:06:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: https  (Read 10346 times)
Director

« on: January 16, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »

Hello, please give an example of use RTC with StreamSecTools 3.0. I want to compiling a stand-alone HTTPS Server (SSL) and provide SSL encryption support. The browser should will be connected to RTC server under the protocol https.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 09:55:40 AM »

1) Take a look at the "Demos\RTC_WebForum\RTCWebServer2.dpr" project for an example on using Stream Sec Tools II with the RTC SDK for compiling a HTTPS WebServer.

2) An update for the RTC SDK with more examples and demos on using StreamSec Tools II with the RTC SDK is already "underway" and should be released soon.

PS. You will need the latest commercial StreamSec Tools II (2.1 and not 3.0) version to add SSL support to your RTC Client and/or Server.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Henrick (StreamSec)
RTC Partner

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »

Please contact me directly at henrick at streamsec.se if you want a trial for this version.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »

I've uploaded the RTC SDK 3.46, for which you will require the latest commercial StreamSec Tools II version (2.1.9.240 or newer) if you want to add SSL encryption to your RTC Servers.

PS. All the tests I've been running so far using the RTC SDK 3.46 version and the new StreamSec Tools II version 2.1.9.240 have passed without any problems, but I have tagged this update as a release candidate (RC) because I did not yet have the time to run a full 24+ hour load-and-stress test (only a number of shorter tests). The long test is running now and I will be removing the "RC" tag on monday, provided this long-running 24+ hour test passes without any problems.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »

I have completed stress-and-load testing the RealThinClient SDK 3.46 and have removed the "RC" tag after all tests have passed without errors, with no memory leaks and no strange or unexpected behavior. I strongly recommend anyone who is using the RealThinClient SDK to update their version to 3.46 (current release).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Director

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 01:56:38 PM »

Thank you,  Danijel, that you issued the new version with the imroved support ssl encryption. Could you please give an example with more details and comments of a server with use of  streamsec (for example  RTCWebServer2TLS in a demo examples). Unfortunately the most part of examples are without comments and it is difficult to understand them.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Anatoliy
Henrick (StreamSec)
RTC Partner

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 02:18:08 PM »

You should probably direct those questions to me instead of Danijel. Smiley

For support and more information regarding the use of StreamSec Tools, please use news://news.streamsec.net (active) and http://forum.streamsec.net/ (archive) if possible. I try to monitor the RTC SDK forums on a regular basis, but chances are that any questions you have, have already been answered on our forums. The function rtcSSecTest.GetServerCryptPlugin does little that is specific to RTC SDK, except that it creates a TRtcSSecServerPlugin component.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »

To add SSL support, you use the RTC SDK in the same way you would use it without SSL support. The only difference when using SSL is that you link encryption plugin components (StreamSec Tools II, for example) to your HttpServer's CryptPlugin property before calling Listen. Everything else is a matter of setting up encryption components, for which there is an example in the rtcSSecTest.pas unit. If you need more detailed explanation on setting up StreamSec Tools II components for your project, please contact Henrick from StreamSec (see his reply above).

Also, please look at these new and updated examples:
Demos\App_Client
Demos\App_Server
Demos\File_Client
Demos\File_Server
Demos\RTC_WebServer

All these examples are using the rtcSSecTest unit from the "LibPlugins" folder to set up a CryptPlugin component and simply link the component with their existing RTC SDK code. All the code specific to using SSL encryption plugins with the RTC SDK is inside the rtcSSecTest unit and is simply used from the standard RTC SDK demos to add SSL encryption.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Director

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »

In  rtc 3.46 version maybe there is a bug? The project rtcSDK_SSec.dpk doesn't open in Delphi 2007. There is a fault: Unable to load project
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 11:43:41 AM »

Oops, it looks like the "rtcSDK_SSec.dproj" file ended up in the package by mistake. The problem with "dproj" files is that Delphi likes to put references to my local files in there, which could cause the package not to open.

I've uploaded the RTC SDK 3.46 now without the "dproj" files to avoid this problem, so ... you can either download the RTC SDK 3.46 again through the "RTC SDK PRO Downloads" section, or simply delete the "rtcSDK_SSec.dproj" file from the "LibPlugins" folder and try to open the "rtcSDK_SSec.dpk" file again.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Henrick (StreamSec)
RTC Partner

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 12:12:06 PM »

Also please note that rtcSDK_SSec.dpk lists StrSecII70 in the requires clause. If you are using Delphi 2007 you have probably installed StrSecII110, so you must edit rtcSDK_SSec.dpk to require the correct package.

You also have to make sure that all bpl and dcp files end up in directories on the PATH. If interdependent packages are not on the PATH, you will experience problems installing them and/or when starting up Delphi the next time. By default, they might end up in My Documents\RAD Studio\Projects\Bpl, but they might also end up in Public Documents\RAD Studio\5.0\Bpl, or in the same folder as the dpk file, depending on how you installed Delphi. My Documents\RAD Studio\Projects\Bpl is usually on the PATH of Delphi, but the other folders might not be.
Director

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 01:30:06 PM »

Good afternoon, Danijel and Henrick
I will try to continue the setting of  web-server on rtc and  streamsec  base on  https protocol. I use RTC_3.47 and  streamsec_2.1.9.240.  For reliable encoding of the channel and ensuring of traffic safety I want to use certificates . At the analysis of the examples from off-site (http://www.streamsec.com/articles_certcreator.asp)  I don't manage to make work streamsec with certificates. 
Why  inlay   StreamSec in delphi 2007  don't  appear and in general is there such  possibility in the purchased component?
Henrick (StreamSec)
RTC Partner

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »

The design time certificate creation wizard has been disabled in the later releases. There are ways to reenable it, but if you are only looking for a way to get started creating certificates for HTTPS, take a look at the demo http://download.streamsec.net/Customers/files_download/ST21/TLSDemoCert.zip instead. If you need help modifying this project, please use the support newsgroups news://news.streamsec.net/streamsec.public.tools.x509 or news://news.streamsec.net/streamsec.public.tools.ssltls. The details concerning certificate management isn't covered by RTC PRO Support, but by StreamSec support.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: