RTC Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:20:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RTC as a Web Services server and WSDL file interface  (Read 3962 times)
zsleo
RTC Expired

« on: May 23, 2012, 04:24:52 AM »

Hi all,

I need to develop a Web Services server that must (in addition to RTC  interface) accept requests from an existing published WSDL.

Before I start experimenting, I am looking for advice on the best direction/approach to take.

The existing (to be replaced) Web Services app is processing approx 10k transactions per hour with a peak loading of approaching 25k transactions per hour - 24/7.

TIA

Zane
Kevin Powick
RTC Expired

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:20:48 AM »

First, there is nothing in the RTC SDK that is going to decode a WSDL and provide a client interface to the service provider.  Also, be aware that a WSDL is most often associated with SOAP, which the RTC SDK does not support out of the box.  Writing your own SOAP compliant implementation is possible, but likely a difficult undertaking.

In addition to the aforementioned issues of WSDL and SOAP, your requirements are somewhat unclear because you speak of providing a web service server, but at the same time talk about accepting requests "from a published WSDL"  Typically, the WSDL is provided for the benefit of client applications needing to make request of an existing web service.

So, it is unclear to me if your application needs the capabilities of a client, a server, or both.  Of course, with RTC all are possible, but again, the issue you may run into is dealing with SOAP.

- KP

Linux is only free if your time is worthless
zsleo
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 07:14:58 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

By published WSDL I meant that the WSDL specification is defined and in the public domain currently being used to interface with the existing Web Service. The application will be accepting SOAP content and replying with SOAP content.

Zane
Kevin Powick
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 12:51:38 PM »

Zane,

Thanks for the clarification.  The problem remains that the RTC SDK has no built-in utilities for dealing with SOAP.  It will be up to you to write a compliant implementation.

-- KP

Linux is only free if your time is worthless
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: