RTC Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:42:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 6.53 and iOS64  (Read 4478 times)
SevenOut
RTC Expired

« on: April 30, 2015, 01:48:54 AM »

Just installed 6.53 in XE8 and all the components are disabled for iOS64 targets.  Am I doing something wrong?  I've made sure the library path was added to all target types.  No errors during installation.  Not sure what I could have done wrong.  Need to update an iOS app to support 64bit (and Universal) in my next update.

Thanks,
Scott
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »

Sorry about that. I forgot to add "pidiOS64" to the [ComponentPlatformsAttribute], so the problem was actually that the Delphi IDE didn't KNOW the components were compatible with iOS64, even though everything would have compiled and worked Smiley

Anyway ... Thank you for reposting this.

The update to fix this IDE problem is now ready for download (RTC SDK v6.54).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »

PS. After updating RTC SDK files (at least the "Lib" folder) and re-building all the RTC packages in the Delphi IDE, make sure to restart the IDE for changes to take effect. If you would only update files and recompile or rebuild RTC packages, because the IDE is caching component attributes, you wouldn't see the changes before an IDE restart.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
SevenOut
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 12:11:44 AM »

Thanks!
SevenOut
RTC Expired

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 12:44:13 AM »

I think you may have accidentally enabled iOSDevice64 for the Raw components as well.

BTW, where are these enabled in the components?  I was looking for the setting that enables this but could not find it.

Thanks
Scott
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 02:30:16 AM »

There is a new compiler flag [ComponentPlatformsAttribute], which is placed at the top of each class definition (interface section) to declare which platforms a component is compatible with. Without it, Delphi has some special rules to "decide" what platforms a component will be enabled for.  For example, all FireMonkey components are by default cross-platform, while VCL components are only compatible with Windows.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: