RTC Forums
April 26, 2024, 05:57:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem when invalid server address  (Read 3286 times)
pineyljh

« on: November 08, 2011, 02:51:04 PM »

Dear Danijel.

I always thank you for great solution.

I applied RTC SDK to our product with delphi 7, XE

BTW, recently I found a problem when invalid server address set to TRtcClient.
On File client demo, just type a invalid host name such as "hello.danijel.net".
When I post my request, it's no matter since the exception fired in  "post" method.

But when I close the demo application, it fires 'Invalid Pointer Operation".
I found it happened at "TRtcDataClient.RemoveRequest()". but no forether more.  Grin

Sincerely

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »

Thank you for reporting this problem.

There was a bug in the AutoConnect feature of the TRtcHttpClient component when using the Async WinSock API (Windows-only), which resulted in a temporary Request object to be freed twice if there was an exception raised from the Connect method (for example, when using an invalid Server Address) and the "OnConnectError" event was left undefined by the component user. This has now been fixed and the RealThinClient SDK v5.01 (2011.Q4) is ready for download from the RTC SDK PRO Downloads area.

- Now, Temporary Request Objects will ONLY be freed once, even in case of an unexpected exception
   - The "Connect" method will NOT be raising exceptions if there is a problem connecting to the provided Server Address,
     but ONLY if there is an unexpected condition (property not correctly set or components not correctly linked).
     In case of a Connect Error, any exceptions raised will be caught and handled internally, triggering the "OnConnectError" event.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: