RTC Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:14:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server calling a function on the Client  (Read 3202 times)
gyucel

« on: June 18, 2010, 06:54:24 PM »

Dear Denijel,
Thank you for great products and fast response. I have 1 question more that cant figured out how. I have a client that uploads, downloads large files. Also call lots of functions. So far so good. There is no problem about all.
But, in one case, client calls a function from server, gets the response. Then begins to wait. Server does something and here, The Server needs to call a function from client. How can I do that?

Regards.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:08:08 PM »

The Server should never have to call functions on the Client side in order to process a request. The Client should always send enough information to the Server in its request so that the Server can process the request and send back a response without having to ask for more information from the Client.

Btw ... you should use the "SEARCH" option of this Forum to check if your question hasn't already been answered. For example, by searching for "Server calling" you will get the following two topics, closely related to your current question:
Streaming headlines...
How to work TRtcDelayedCall?

Also, to avoid generating large topics with a lot of unrelated questions in the RTC Forums, please start a new Topic for every question you have and try to shortly describe your question in the Topic subject line. I have split your last topic into two separate topics now to get a similar effect.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: