RTC Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:00:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Pascal compatibility  (Read 3775 times)
Kevin Powick
RTC Expired

« on: April 26, 2010, 10:01:42 PM »

(Edit: Expanded on reasons for asking)

What is the current level of compatibility or recommended use (clients only?) of the RTC SDK (Pro version) with Free Pascal?

Looking at the build history, I see the following:

3.3.4 - All FPC/Lazarus support removed
3.4.3 - FPC support for Windows only
3.4.4 - Mention of property settings when compiling on Linux

I didn't see anything definitive, thus the reason for my post.  Also, I've posted here instead of the Pro forum because the answer may be useful to all SKD users.

Thanks,

Linux is only free if your time is worthless
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 02:53:16 AM »

Even though there is no official FPC/Lazarus support yet, the latest RTC SDK version should compile with FPC/Lazarus.

As far as non-Windows platforms are concerned, all low-level socket classes in RTC SDK 2010.Q2 (Build 383) should be ready for Linux (Client and Server), but the TRtcTimer class is only compatible with Windows, so you won't be able to use "Timeouts" (Client and Server) nor Delayed calls (Server) on Linux yet. I also have NOT tested anything on 64bit (only 32bit).

I will be working on making the RTC SDK fully cross-platform in the next months (a new TRtcTimer implementation is planned for RTC SDK 2010.Q3), so everyone is encouraged to give the current release (RTC SDK 2010.Q2) a try on other platforms (also 64bit) and report any problems they might encounter, but don't expect everything to work out-of-the-box yet.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Kevin Powick
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:15:32 AM »

Thanks for the reply, Danijel.

I will be working on some cross-platform testing of basic RTC SDK features, mostly using data provider components on the server side.  My goal is to implement a REST-based web service.

I'll post back to the forums with reports and/or issues, but I don't expect to begin work on this for a week or two.

Regards,

Linux is only free if your time is worthless
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:52:49 AM »

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: