RTC Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:15:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Receive a Large File At the Server  (Read 3854 times)
rodrigo
RTC Expired

« on: March 25, 2010, 02:45:38 PM »

I wan´t to write a server wich receives large files posted from a browser.

Is there any example regarding this scenario ?

thanks
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »

If your connection to the Server is expected to be stable enough to handle the complete upload without breaking, take a look at the QuickStart\BrowserUpload example which is included in the RTC SDK.

But please note that using a Browser with its standard FORM-POST mechanism to upload very large files over the Internet is a really bad idea because the FORM-PORT format does NOT support upload resuming, which means that a broken upload will need to be re-sent from the 1st byte.

In other words, if you need a way to upload very large files to your Server over the Internet, using a Browser with its standard built-in upload mechanisms is most definitely not the way to go.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
rodrigo
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »

Hi Daniel, I need to upload files about 2 MB large, I think that example you´ve mentioned will do the trick for me.

Thanks!
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »

Yep. Unless you are on a *really* bad mobile connection, files below 10 MB in size should be no problem at all for a Browser and the standard FORM POST method.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: