RTC Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:08:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proxy Servers  (Read 4250 times)
Andrew.W
RTC License

« on: March 23, 2010, 06:31:37 PM »

Hi

One or two customers are having issues with Proxy Servers, despite the fact that we have Use Proxy set to true in our RTC client connection.

My post is this: I have no experience whatsoever with proxy servers, but would like to set one up as a test environment here in the office, so that I can try to understand this issue better, and test our applications more fully.

Can anyone suggest what we should Proxy Server would be suitable as a test platform? We have Apache experience, so could go for this?

Thanks,
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »

Setting useProxy to TRUE will only use proxy settings of Internet Explorer. Even though this will be enough for most setups, it will not be enough if your customers do not have Internet Explorer set up for Browsing, or if the Proxy Server is set up to filter out requests which your application is sending, or if your customers Proxy Server requires your customers to authenticate. In these cases you will also need to use the UserLogin property to set up the connection to work with a specific Proxy (see ProxyAddr, ProxyUsername and ProxyPassword properties on the UserLogin property on the TRtcHttpClient component).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »

By the way ... if you are looking for a local Proxy Server, take a look at CCProxy. It's not something I would use for a large corporate network (it seems to have a limit of max 1200 concurrent connections), but it is lightweight and easy to configure, which made it my 1st choice for testing the RTC SDK:
http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Andrew.W
RTC License

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:29:26 AM »

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: