RTC Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:40:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RealThinClient SDK is now open source  (Read 6475 times)
K. Okada (RTC)
Administrator

« on: May 20, 2022, 09:41:06 AM »

As of May 20th 2022, we announce that ReatlThinClient SDK (a.k.a. RTC SDK) is open source.

RTC SDK was originally developed by Danijel TkalĨec in 2004, and acquired by Teppi Technology in 2018.

We, Teppi Technology, have sponsored RTC SDK for the past 4 years, since our product was based on RTC SDK, and we wanted to secure our product by keeping the original RTC SDK author accessible.

Unfortunately, the shrinking Delphi developer population forced us to think seriously about switching our primary tool for developing http servers on Windows, and finally we've decided to switch to C# (ASP .Net Core).

That's why we've announced that RTC SDK was in "maintenance-mode" in Feb.2021.

RTC SDK is quite a stable library and I believe it will work well, until Microsoft would make a major change on Windows networking. But now that we're leaving Delphi, we think it's time to make an announcement, so that you can have enough time to consider your future development plans.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 10:24:08 AM »

Even though I am no longer actively involved in RealThinClient SDK development, I will continue providing support to developers with an active RealThinClient SDK subscription, through this Forum, until the end of this year (2022).

The latest RealThinClient SDK version can be downloaded from GitHub.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 06:24:58 PM »

This Forum is now read-only, support is no longer available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: