RTC Forums
April 18, 2024, 05:37:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delphi 11  (Read 2853 times)
ClementDoss
RTC License

« on: September 11, 2021, 02:30:13 AM »

Hello,
Is there any particular change I need to do to assure Delphi 11 compatibility?
Mostly I'm updating "defines" and "package" naming. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

TIA,
Clément
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 09:20:37 AM »

Since the only requirement for the RTC SDK is the Delphi RTL (Run-Time-Library), and (to my knowledge) there weren't any significant changes to the RTL between Delphi 10 and 11, you should not have any problems using the latest RTC SDK version (v 9.51 - available for download from this Forums "Downloads" area) with Delphi 11 as-is.

I have not had any issues building and installing the RTC SDK v9.51 in Delphi 11, without making any changes to Delphi or the RTC SDK. And to build all RTC Examples for the VCL (SDKALL_VCL_Examples project group), all I had to do after installing RTC SDK packages in Delphi 11, was to add the RTC SDK "Lib" folder to Delphi's "Library Path" under "Tools/Options/Langauge/Delphi/Library" for "Windows 32-bit" and "Windows 64-bit" platforms (as always), so the Delphi compiler can find RTC SDK files required by the Projects, without adding that path to every Project separately.

Anyway ... if you do bump into any problems, feel free to post about them here and I will try to help.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
ClementDoss
RTC License

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 01:39:28 AM »

Not a single problem  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: