RTC Forums
April 20, 2024, 07:42:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 9.50 does not include RTCSDK_C.cbproj ??  (Read 3958 times)
joepasquariello
RTC License+

« on: January 30, 2020, 07:29:58 PM »

Hello,

I am trying to install 9.50 in 10.3.3. My projects that use RTC are C++ Builder, and there is no longer a C++ Builder project file, so I am not sure how to get the compiler to produce the necessary header (.hpp) files. I see that andreag installed 9.50 for C++ Builder in 10.2, so there must be a way that I don't understand.

Can you give me any guidance?

Joe
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 08:14:09 PM »

Have you tried installing all packages from the "SDKPackages_Main.bpg" Project Group in C++ Builder?

If that doesn't work, my guess would be that you have to create a new C++ Builder package and add all *.PAS and *.DCR files from the RTC SDK LIB folder to the package, then save the package, build it and install it. If that does NOT work either, then you might have to modify your Linker/Compiler options for C++ Builder, to make sure it generates all necessary C++ Builder files from Delphi sources.

I am NOT a C++ Builder developer, but ... when I look at the old rtcSDK_C.cbproj file in a plain text editor (that file was provided by another RTC user), I see that it contains a list of PAS and DCR files from the RTC SDK LIB folder (in addition to some other stuff required by C++ Builder).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
joepasquariello
RTC License+

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. I don't know very much about packages, but I'll try. If I get it to work, I will send it to you with instructions for C++ Builder users, and perhaps you could post it in the download section. The only thing you need to "support C++ Builder" is that one additional project file.

Joe

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 10:24:27 PM »

If you get it to work, just post your instructions as a reply to this topic.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
joepasquariello
RTC License+

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 08:11:03 PM »

Daniel,

I have not been able to get 9.50 to work yet, and I don't understand the errors, so I will keep trying and post back here when I do.

For now I am using RTC version 7.18, which is the version I was using with XE8. I can build 7.18 in 10.3.3 and also build and run my applications. I will start going through versions from 7.18 to 9.50 and figure out where things go wrong and why.

Joe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: