RTC Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:33:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New version 2019.Q2?  (Read 12840 times)
iwaass
RTC Expired

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 01:41:17 PM »

Hi to all,

...you say that you will not support any future breaking changes in the RTL. This is also an unacceptable approach for a product that is heavily dependent on RTC. If your plans are to leave us stranded for future Delphi versions, then you should consider making RTC open source, so that there is a viable future for us and all the others that are using it...

I invite all active RTC users to state their thoughts on this...

Hello Stefanos!

We are sitting in the same boat. I also bought it because of cross-platform support and we are also developing POS solutions.
The funny thing is that the homepage text was changed:
Main highlight (first feature) "Cross-Platform: Target Windows, Mac OSX, IOS & Android from a single code-base" was silently removed - but I have a screenshot!  Wink

So Stefanos are you searching already for alternatives as proposed by RTC?
I do at least... But it's not so easy to replace such core communication protocol with another one. You need to update all the clients / not compatible with old RTC version anymore!
Or you have to even create a new product! It's like to switch to another language.

Best regards,
   Werner
twinsoft
RTC License

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 06:13:26 PM »

Hi Werner,
    this is what happens when we depend our software on a one man business. Same thing happened with PAXCompiler. Both great products that got bought-off. I have noticed the change in RTC site too, but if you press DETAILS the platforms are still there !!!!  Wink. Anyway, we have successfully compiled the latest RTC 9.50 with Delphi 10.3.3 Beta for Androidx64 and for macOSx64 with 10.3.2. So all platforms are supported out of the box with the current version of RTC. We have decided to keep using RTC for the time being, (since we are on support until August 2020) but we are also considering other options like:

a) mORMot
b) RemoteSDK
c) Datasnap (we have Delphi Enterprise License)
d) try to support RTC on our own since we have the source

Regards,

Stefanos
SevenOut
RTC Expired

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 06:29:47 PM »

Anyway, we have successfully compiled the latest RTC 9.50 with Delphi 10.3.3 Beta for Androidx64 and for macOSx64 with 10.3.2. So all platforms are supported out of the box with the current version of RTC.

Any pointers on getting v9.50 working for macOSx64?  Maybe a list of edits/changes you made to get it to work/compile/install.  I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.

Just now getting around to updating from 10.3.1 to 10.3.2 just so I can start using macOSx64.  Came here to look for an updated version only to find out this bad news! Sad

Thanks,
Scott
twinsoft
RTC License

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 08:11:08 AM »

Hi SevenOut,
     we compiled RTC 9.50 packages with 10.3.2 for macOSx64 and successfully run the stress test client demo on macOS Mojave 10.14. We will make further tests on macOS Catalina 10.15 (supports only 64bit Apps). For Androidx64 we compiled with 10.3.3 Beta (SugarLoaf) and successfully run a test project that we had in Android 9.1. We did not make any modifications to the source code of RTC, just added the extra platforms to the RTC packages. We strongly suggest that your run your own tests against your codebase...

Stefanos
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 08:19:26 AM »

I'm happy to see that this topic is finally going in the right direction.
SevenOut
RTC Expired

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 05:53:31 PM »

we compiled RTC 9.50 packages with 10.3.2 for macOSx64 and successfully run the stress test client demo on macOS Mojave 10.14. We will make further tests on macOS Catalina 10.15 (supports only 64bit Apps). For Androidx64 we compiled with 10.3.3 Beta (SugarLoaf) and successfully run a test project that we had in Android 9.1. We did not make any modifications to the source code of RTC, just added the extra platforms to the RTC packages. We strongly suggest that your run your own tests against your codebase...

Thanks!

Scott
SevenOut
RTC Expired

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 09:10:48 PM »

Stefanos,

Maybe I did something wrong but the macOS 64bit is not working for RTC 9.50 for me.  I did a clean install of Rad Studio 10.3.2.  Added the RTC Lib path to all the platforms.  I opened the SDKPackages_Main project group.  macOS64 and iOS64 were already listed under the Target Platforms.  I manually added iOS32, macOS32, iOS Simulator, and Android for each of the packages (rtcSDK and rtcSDKD).  I installed the run-time and then the design time packages with no errors.  When I now create a new multi-device test project, and select macOS64 as the target platform, all the RTC components on the palette are disabled.  If I hover over any of them, the Supported Platforms popup window shows all platforms except for macOS64.  Any clues/help as to what I did wrong or need to do differently?

Thanks

Scott
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2019, 09:23:14 PM »

That is a design-time thingy. It doesn't affect your Project at run-time. You can switch to 32-bit MacOS platform when designing and only change to 64-bit when you need to compile the Project for 64-bit, or ... you can open the "rtcTypes.pas" unit and update the list of supported platforms defined with "pid*" variables. This is how the list looks without modifications ...

// @exclude
  pidWin32        = $0001;
  // @exclude
  pidWin64        = $0002;
  // @exclude
  pidOSX32        = $0004;
  // @exclude
  pidiOSSimulator = $0008;
  // @exclude
  pidAndroid      = $0010;
  // @exclude
  pidLinux32      = $0020;
  // @exclude
  pidiOSDevice32  = $0040;
  // @exclude
  pidLinux64      = $0080;
  // @exclude
  pidWinNX32      = $0100;
  // @exclude
  pidWinIoT32     = $0200; // Embedded IoT (Internet of Things) Windows w/ Intel Galileo
  // @exclude
  pidiOSDevice64  = $0400;

// @exclude
  pidLinux = pidLinux32 or pidLinux64;
  // @exclude
  pidWindows = pidWin32 or pidWin64 or pidWinIoT32 or pidWinNX32;
  // @exclude
  pidMacOSX  = pidOSX32;
  // @exclude
  pidDesktop = pidWindows or pidMacOSX or pidLinux;
  // @exclude
  pidMobile  = pidiOSSimulator or pidiOSDevice32 or pidiOSDevice64 or pidAndroid;
  // @exclude
  pidAll     = pidDesktop or pidMobile;

I hope that helps.
SevenOut
RTC Expired

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 09:36:26 PM »

That is a design-time thingy. It doesn't affect your Project at run-time. You can switch to 32-bit MacOS platform when designing and only change to 64-bit when you need to compile the Project for 64-bit, or ... you can open the "rtcTypes.pas" unit and update the list of supported platforms defined with "pid*" variables. This is how the list looks without modifications ...

Thanks.

I was just looking at that file and comparing it to the System.Classes unit.  It contains almost exactly the same thing. 

Scott
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 10:37:38 PM »

These are the only variables that RTC components use to tell the Delphi IDE which platforms are supported:

pidLinux = pidLinux32 or pidLinux64;
  pidWindows = pidWin32 or pidWin64 or pidWinIoT32 or pidWinNX32;
  pidMacOSX  = pidOSX32;
  pidDesktop = pidWindows or pidMacOSX or pidLinux;
  pidMobile  = pidiOSSimulator or pidiOSDevice32 or pidiOSDevice64 or pidAndroid;
  pidAll     = pidDesktop or pidMobile;

If the pidAll variable includes all the supported platforms, then RTC components should be enabled in the IDE when you select one of these platforms. That's all there is to it, really.

Since pidAll is just an integer (word?), where each bit represents a flag for one of the supported platforms, a quick-and-dirty solution (untested) might be to set:

pidAll     = $FFFF;

You can give that a try, if you can't find the declaration of constants for newly added platforms in Delphi sources.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: