RTC Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:54:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send data from a form without receiving a response  (Read 4433 times)
Mamar
RTC Expired

« on: June 25, 2018, 10:32:28 AM »

HI Danijel,

I want to send data from a form in an email without receiving a response from the server.
I manage to send an email with a form with the POST method and I manage to retrieve them in a RtcDataProvider on the server.
However, I do not want to open the browser to send the data.
Do you know how to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Martial
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:23:03 PM »

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.
Mamar
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:22:12 AM »

Danijel,

I expose you my problem:

1 - With a TRtcHttpServer I send an email with a TIdSMTP.
---> it works

2 - The message is formatted as a form with hidden fields to send data with the POST method.
---> it works

3 - I manage to send the data thus formatted to the server TRtcHttpServer / RtcDataProvider
---> it works

My question is, how can I send the data without opening the browser to receive the answer?

How to format the WEB page sent in the email?

Should I use AJAX, JSON, JavaScipt, WebSocket or something else to format the HTML form sent in email without triggering the browser opening?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Martial
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:59:54 PM »

As far as I know, the Server does NOT have direct control over Clients. When a Server receives a request from a HTTP/S Client, it can send back a HTTP/S response, but the Client decides what to do with that response. The Server could disconnect the Client after receiving the request instead of sending a response back (you can call Sender.Disconnect from the OnCheckRequest or OnDataReceived event), but I doubt this will have the effect you wanted.

Frankly, I find it unlikely that an E-Mail Client will be sending out a HTTP/S request to a Server and checking the response before it decides what to do. It's more likely that the E-Mail Client will be invoking the Web Browser to send the HTTP/S request (and receive the response) immediately after the user clicks on the URL or a button on the HTML page, so ... whatever the Server did after that would make no difference.

Anyway ... here's a website I've found while googling for "HTML inside E-Mail", which you might want to check out:
https://mailchimp.com/help/limitations-of-html-email/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: