RTC Forums
April 26, 2024, 06:22:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SRV:TRtcSocketClientThread.RunJob (else: "TRtcDelayedCallJob") Exception! Except  (Read 6517 times)
Aeter
RTC Expired

« on: April 19, 2018, 02:10:33 PM »

Hi, the full error message is:

"SRV:TRtcSocketClientThread.RunJob (else: "TRtcDelayedCallJob") Exception! Exception: Trying to send Data without Header. Call WriteHeader before Write."

The component versions I'm using:

RTC SDK v902 and the latest version 9.25
RTC Portal v510 (I know it is not supported anymore, I wrote it just for information)
(Delphi Berlin)

The exception occurs after a while the server is connected an fully working. When the issue occurs, the server stops to work, and refuses all the connections.
This haven't ever occured previously with older versions of components.

Any idea about the reason or possible workarounds? It would be enough this exception don't cause the complete crash of the gateway.

Thank you
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 11:41:18 AM »

What I can deduce from the exception message you've provided, is that the "Write" method was called to send a Response before a "WriteHeader" was called to prepare the Headers for that Response. Since every Response needs a Header, this exception basically means that "something" went wrong in request/response processing. And since the exception was raised from within a Delayed Call job, my guess is that the problem is somehow related to the way Delayed Calls are being used. But ... to futher analyze the problem, I would need to see how you are using Delayed Calls (TRtcDelayedCall class; PrepareDelayedCall function).

PS. You've mentioned that everything was working with an older RTC SDK version. Which RTC SDK version were you previously using?
Aeter
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:25:26 AM »

Hi,

the version that was stable, therefore where this issue never occurred:

RealThinClientSDK v635
RTC Portal v409 (2013Q2)
(Delphi XE2)

I forgot to say I'm also using SecureBlackBox 16.0.307 (in both cases) for HTTPS.

I didn't change anything, just used the same source code updating Delphi and the components. And that issue started to occur.

Tell me if you need any further information.

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »

Have you tried compiling your Projects without SecureBlackBox components, just to rule it out as a potential problem source?
Aeter
RTC Expired

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »

The same issue doesn't occur if the same version of Secureblackbox components is used with Delphi XE2 and the old versions of RTC components.
Do you think an issue in the HTTPS components could cause the RTC issue ?
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 10:50:58 AM »

Since there have been several changes in the RTC SDK over the years, some of which required an update to encryption plugins, your problem COULD BE caused by some incompatibility between the "SecureBlackBox" version you are currently using and the latest RTC SDK version. But, since you have changed EVERYTHING in a single "update" after almost five years, if all you can tell me is that exception message, then all I can give you are wild guesses. If you want to find the problem, you should try to narrow down your list of potential problem candidates by eliminating as many potential problem sources as possible.
Aeter
RTC Expired

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 10:59:20 AM »

You're right. Let me try some things with SecureBlackbox then.
Speak later
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 11:48:44 AM »

Anyway ... since this is a "RTC SDK" Support section, I need enough information from you to reproduce your problem using ONLY standard Delphi components and the RTC SDK, without the need to install ANY OTHER components (this also means - no RTC Portal). If you can narrow the problem down to the latest RTC SDK version and provide some code with steps to reproduce it in Delphi (so I can test/debug it), we might find a solution. Otherwise, it's just going to be a "wild goose chase".
Aeter
RTC Expired

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 08:29:08 AM »

Hi,

I just wanted to inform that your suggestion was precious.
You could not believe it, it was an issue in the license activation of SecureBlackbox. For some reason the https suddenly deactivates in some random cases, and everything crashes.
I've found the reason of that and now everything is working fine.

Thank you!
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 11:11:50 AM »

Good to know. Thank you for your feedback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: