RTC Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:49:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ISAPI Error?  (Read 4069 times)
Chris Fieldhouse
RTC Expired

« on: March 21, 2018, 10:26:20 AM »

Hi

I've been running an ISAPI dll created with a very old RTC release for some years without any problems.  I've just updated it to the latest release (V922), and converted it from C++ to Delphi.  However, now it is causing the server (Apache) to run out of threads and stop responding to requests.  If I remove the new dll then apache works for days, put back the dll and apache dies within a few hours.

I've looked over my code and I can't see anything obvious, so, before I port it back to C++ and the old RTC, are you aware of any issues/changes in the current RTC library that may be a factor in this?

Thanks in anticipation

Chris
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 10:47:53 AM »

There have been a number of changes in the RTC SDK, especially in v8 and v9 releases, which could require changing the way you are using the components in order for them to continue working the same as before, so please make sure to read the Updates log and see if any of these changes require modifications in your Project.

I don't know of any problems with ISAPI extensions compiled with the latest RTC SDK version (provided you have updated your code to work correctly with the latest RTC SDK release), but ... you should be able to use the RTC WebServer demo (available in the Examples/RTC_WebServer folder) with a Delphi debugger to run and debug your ISAPI extension.

If you do find a problem caused by the RTC SDK, please let me know.
Chris Fieldhouse
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 03:39:19 PM »

I've reviewed the change logs and didn't see anything that I think would have an impact, however, I did find a memory leak in my code so I'm hoping it was that.

I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Thanks for the reply
Chris Fieldhouse
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 09:41:08 PM »

Just to let you know, after fixing the memory leak in my code, the problem appears to have gone away.  The service has been running for around 24 hours now without issue whereas it would fail after a few hours before.

Thanks again.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 10:07:12 AM »

Ok. Thanks for your feedback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: