RTC Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Desktop from Mobile App  (Read 4321 times)
Aeter
RTC Expired

« on: March 16, 2018, 03:00:49 PM »

Hi Danijel,
i bought RealThinClient SDK and i'm using successfully RTPortal to make remote Desktop between Windows OS.

Now I would like deploy an App (ios/android) to connect remote desktop with my mobile.
Unfortunately RTPortalClientControl is built to work only with win32/64....
What I have to use? Maybe PortalX could be useful?

Thanks in advance.
Matteo
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 04:21:04 PM »

RTC Portal VCL was a Windows-only Project. No other platforms were ever supported. And since RTC Portal has been discontinued, there are no plans to add support for any other platform:
https://rtc.teppi.net/rtc-portal-discontinued-and-released-on-github/
Aeter
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I'm aware the RTCPortal "as is" cannot be used for creating mobile apps.
However, I remember you planned some years ago to make a porting of this component for mobile operating systems.

So I just would know: do you think it is technically possible to make that? (we're interested only in the Control part, and we would develop it by ourselves).
We would just be sure if there is a chance, or if we should move to a different development environment.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 08:55:33 AM »

Download RTC Portal X and try it out (see download link in my reply above), but please keep in mind that there is NO SUPPORT available for RTC Portal in any form, so you will be on your own if you decide to use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: