RTC Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:58:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Authentication scheemes  (Read 2792 times)
Dany
RTC License++

« on: May 30, 2017, 01:38:21 PM »

I'm trying to find some code to enable handling of authentication server side. Previously i have implemented Basic and Digest using a TRtcDataProvider. This is doable, but it's a bit of a hazzle to maintain and keep up to current "standards" or rather praxis (?).

Windows WinHTTP sockets has it built in (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa364502). We can use that client side, so my question is; is it a stupid idea to enable server side Rtc to use API authentication? Could it be done?

One would have to "lock" in to the capable socket API, sure.

If not do you have any recommendation for where to be inspired / "borrow" code?

Regards,

/Dany
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »

I'm not an expert on Authentication, but ... IMO ... unless there is a real need to use a specific Authentication scheme - for example, if your Application has to work with a 3rd-party Application which makes it a requirement - I do NOT really see the need for changing an implementation which already works, just to keep up with someone else's "standards" and/or recommendations.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: