RTC Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:47:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delphi 5 support  (Read 3675 times)
Andrew.W
RTC License

« on: April 26, 2017, 12:27:33 PM »

Hi Daniel

Is there are version of RTC that will compile and work with Delphi 5? I need only the client-side components.

I have no chance at all of using a later version in this case. Stupid yes, but nothing I can do to change that.

Thanks.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 12:40:08 PM »

RTC SDK v2.85 is available for download from the "RTC SDK Downloads" area and should be compatible with Delphi 4 and 5, but ... please keep in mind that I do NOT provide support for old RTC SDK versions or Delphi versions which are NOT officially supporred by the latest RTC SDK release, so you will be on your own if you bump into any problems.

There have been several protocol changes in RTC SDK over the years, because of which you might NOT be able to get a Client compiled with an old RTC SDK version working with a Server compiled with the latest RTC SDK release and vice-versa, so keep that in mind as well.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Andrew.W
RTC License

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »

Thanks Daniel. All points noted.

For me, it's better to use RTC as I have experience and they are known good components.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: