RTC Forums
April 29, 2024, 05:22:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: binding in listview  (Read 4092 times)
bebeantics
RTC License+

« on: December 29, 2016, 10:09:00 PM »

Hi Danijel

I try to bind the rtcmemdataset values to a listview in FMX application.
If i manage fields in field editor to bind values to listview, nothing showing in the list view.
Same issue is if i bind with a dbgrid to.

If i delete the fields from the fields editor, i dont have fields what to bind with the listview. In the same time if i bind with dbgrid (all values - *) is working fine.

I need help or sugestions to retriev (bind) certain fileds values to a listview.

Thank you again.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 09:19:03 AM »

TRtcMemDataSet is an old light-weight component with limited functionality and compatibility, which is available in the RTC SDK for legacy reasons (some old Projects are still using it). For new Projects, you should use the TRtcClientDataSet component, which is based on the TClientDataSet component from Delphi, so it should provide you with all the features of a TClientDataSet component and work on all supported platforms. If you need help binding your data from a DataSet to GUI elements, please check Delphi documentation. If you can not get it working with a TRtcClientDataSet component either, you can use any other in-memory TDataSet descendant and use the TRtcDataSetMonitor component for data extraction.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
bebeantics
RTC License+

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:21:54 PM »

Hi

Same issue with the RtcClientDataset.

If i bind RtcClientDataset to a grid without fieldlist is binded with all the fields.

If i set fields in field editor and i bind RtcClientDataset with grid or listview don't wotk.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »

If you need help binding your data to FMX and/or VCL components, please check Delphi documentation or google for possible solutions. Anything that works with TClientDataSet should also work for TRtcClientDataSet.

As an alternative, you could try using some other in-memory DataSet descendant (as said, the TRtcDataSetMonitor component should work with all TDataSet descendants for data extraction).

Or ... you could try a different approach to the problem you are trying to solve. For example, you might be able to (A) write your Server-side code to prepare data for the Client to contain only fields required by the Client, or (B) change your Client-side code to copy only fields (to the in-memory DataSet) which you want to work with and/or display, or (C) use features specific to each visual control (like the "Columns Editor" in DBGrid) to change the way your data is being displayed, instead of using the "Fields Editor" of your in-memory DataSet.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: