RTC Forums
April 25, 2024, 12:13:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to setup SSL  (Read 3068 times)
clockon
RTC Expired

« on: October 15, 2015, 04:49:44 AM »

hi just wondering how i go about setting up SSL on a RtcHTTPServer?

From what i can tell i need a CryptPlugin and the only ones available are StreamSec and SecureBlackBox, which are both paid for? Are there no free plugins?

any opinions on which one to go with?

Also would this issue be avoided if i changed my project from an executable to an ISAPI file and used IIS to handle the SSL requests?
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 06:55:39 AM »

When you need strong SSL/TSL encryption on your Server, you can either use 3rd-Party Encryption components as plug-ins for the RTC SDK, or compile your RTC Server code into ISAPI DLLs to run on third-party Web Servers which have SSL support (for example MS IIS, Apache or Abyss).

To my knowledge, only StreamSec (StreamSec Tools and Mobile components) and Eldos (SecureBlackBox components) have written SSL/TLS encryption plugins for use with the RTC SDK and they are both commercial component vendors, providing commercial components and support.

PS. Similar questions have already been asked on this Forum over the years. If you are looking for "opinions", use the Forum "search" option to read older threads.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: