RTC Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:12:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use RTC Router demo's.  (Read 4713 times)
aradtech
« on: October 29, 2014, 08:46:47 PM »

Hello , I am wondering the steps to use the rtc router demo's.  I am unable to find any documentation on how to setup to use them.

Thanks
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »

All the Documentation is in code (comments).

After installing the components in Delphi and setting up Library paths, open the Project and look at the code. Each event which has to be implemented for the component comes with a comment at the beginning, explaining what that event is used for. In addition, you should look at the interface section of the unit where the component is implemented and read the comments for all components properties, methods and events of the component (definition), or find the component in the HELP file (which is generated from those comments).

Before you start with Router or Load Balancer components, which are the most complicated in the package and require quite a bit of learning to be used correctly, I strongly suggest going through Quick Start lessons to learn the basics of RTC SDK (unless you've already done that).

I would also recommend checking all the Router and Load Balancer Demos if you plan on using the TRtcDataRouter or TRtcLoadBalancer components (don't stop at the "RTCRouter" demo), because each Demo extends on the previous one and gives you more information about the components and their use. Depending on how low-level you want to go and what your goal is, TRtcLoadBalancer component (which is an extended version of the TRtcDataRouter component to handle more things automatically), might actually be a better choice, even if you only want to forward requests to one Server and have no need for balancing the load on multiple Servers.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
aradtech
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:40 PM »

While there is much documentation in the examples on how to use the events and such , there is no documentation anywhere on how to setup the browser to talk to the router which is what I am looking for to start with , that I am able to find.  If you could point me in the direction of that it would be appreciated.

Lets take the first RTCRouterDemo as a example.  Just compiling and then hitting the start button with the default settings, how should I set my browser up to talk to it and what should I see as a result to know its working correctly?

Thanks
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:32:36 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean. There is no special setup for the Browser. You have one or more Servers behind the Router or Load Balancer, to which requests are being forwarded. From Browser's point of view, all the communication is going to the Server, unless you decide to modify the URI in the Router when forwarding the requests. The whole idea behind a Router is to behave like the Server it's being connected to, at least from Browser's perspective. The communication should be as transparent as possible for the Browser.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
aradtech
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »

Ok I am obviously not understanding how to use these correctly at all I will do some more reading.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 11:47:47 PM »

If you are experimenting with a fresh Project using the TRtcDataRouter component or if you are using one of the Demos which use the Router component, try the TRtcLoadBalancer component instead and check RTCLoadBalancer2 and RTCLoadBalancer3 Demos.

The Router component, as you can probably see in all the Demos where that component is being used, is very low-level and requires a lot of coding. TRtcLoadBalancer component, on the other hand, requires a lot less coding to get off the ground. If you are trying to put together a new Project from scratch, you will have less trouble doing it with the TRtcLoadBalancer component. The same goes for setting up Load Balancer demos to work with one of your Servers.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
aradtech
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »

Thanks Danijel , I am looking them and they do seem easier to understand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: