RTC Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Load Balancer with SSL  (Read 9577 times)
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »

I've merged your two topics into one, because they are both addressing the same problem (SSL support using the Load Balancer).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Dany
RTC License++

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »

That is correct, but they are two distinctly separate problems. The original one was about SSL between RTC Client and RTC Server components. This one has nothing to do with RTC Client side SSL. This topic all about is server SSL. However, i don't mind Smiley

Best regards,

/Dany
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »

I've managed to reproduce the problems you were having with SSL encryption using the Load Balancer over slower connections and have released an updated RTC SDK version (v6.32) which should resolve these issues.

Please, download this latest update and let me know if the problem is now resolved, or if you still have issues using SSL with the TRtcLoadBalancer or TRtcDataRouter components.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Dany
RTC License++

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 03:36:34 PM »

Yesterday evening I had an insight. I realized that i have been using the LoadBalancer component because of how things looked three weeks ago when my pains started. I also realized that i do not have any use for the extras the LoadBalancer supplies anymore. I changed that provider to use TRtcDataRouter instead and the upload problem went away. Since last night i have been a very very happy puppy!

The SSL *Client* problems, though (first half topic of this topic) is still unresoved. I only had time to do a quick unscientific test so results are still not conclusive. If your update addresses this problem too then i'll be an even happier puppy. However, i'm going to keep my hands off the LoadBalancer for the foreseeable future.

I'm really looking forward to test your changes!

Best regards,

/Dany
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »

Actually, TRtcLoadBalancer is just an extended version of the TRtcDataRouter. And the main reason why SSL was not working with the Load Balancer, was that the receiving code in the TRtcDataRouter was expecting to get data in every OnDataReceived event. But with SSL enabled, the call to ReadEx would return an empty array if there was not enough data to decrypt at least one SSL packet. And that resulted in breaking up the reading process. If there was always enough data to decrypt at least one packet, then everything worked just fine. This is why SSL was working locally and over fast connections, but did not work reliably over the internet and slower connections.

Anyway ... I'm looking forward to your test results.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: