RTC Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chunked uploading  (Read 3027 times)
Cesar
RTC Expired

« on: October 31, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »

Hello,

I have the following need and I'm not sure how it can be accomplished with the RTC SDK components.

I want my program to consume a voice service that receives chunks of audio via an https post. The chunks of audio are gathered in real time (slower than they can be uploaded) and transfered in chunks of a few miliseconds duration.  At some point all the needed audio is gathered you finish the upload and process the answer.

So what I need is to be able to initiate a chunked post via https and whenever I have a buffer of audio ready upload that chnunk and when all the data has been gathered finish the post.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 08:43:35 PM »

You won't be able to do that with the RTC SDK, because there is NO support in RTC for sending content using chunked transfer encoding. RTC Clients do NOT have support for uploading content to Servers using chunked transfer encoding and RTC Servers do NOT have support for sending responses to Clients in chunked tansfer encoding. Only chunked downloads from 3rd-party Servers are supported by RTC Clients, so you can use RTC Clients to send a normal request to a 3rd-party Server and receive the response from the Server even if the Server uses chunked transfer encoding, and ... chunked uploads from 3rd-party Clients are supported by RTC Servers, so that RTC Servers can receive requests from 3rd-party Clients even if they are using chunked transfer encoding.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: