RTC Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection lifetime based data  (Read 3656 times)
x3mike
RTC Expired

« on: February 15, 2013, 05:11:34 PM »

Hello Danijel,

I need to hold some variabled during the lifetime of a connection. I had a look onto sessions, but the session cannot be closed, when the connection is closed.
Is there any other way to tell the server to release all of its modules used by a particular connection, when this connection is closed - maybe by killing the client?

Thank you,
Michael
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »

Cleaning up Session data and calling Session.Close will close the Session. This works from any RTC event, including the OnDisconnect event. But if you do NOT want to use Sessions and want all user data to be removed immediately when the user closes its connection or loses the connection, you can also store your user data directly inside the "Info" property of the Sender:TRtcConnection component. That data will most definitely be lost when a connection is closed.

PS. Don't even mention "killing".

PPS. I'm not the only person monitoring these Forums, so you shouldn't start your questions with "Hello Danijel" Wink

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: