RTC Forums
May 15, 2024, 07:27:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Client application running on Android  (Read 3506 times)
Jose Carlos
RTC License

« on: January 22, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »

I started my iOS application on XE2/FM, I got my RTC Server running ok and my iOS RTC client also worked fine.

But, I gave up on firemonkey iOS and we need something more native and stable.

So we decided to move to Oxygene Cooper to create our first Android client, but I want to stay with the rtc server I have. We still have plans to iOS with Nougat when they release it.

I have a few questions, I am pretty sure I can create an Android/Java client application to my rtc server, but I did all communication using rtc functions, so I think this will not be available to java, Am I wrong?

The application I am writing is to collect data offline, and the user will send all data to the  server ( three entire table ) and will receive some data from the server. The amount of data is not big.

I can rewrite the server, But I would like if someone could give me ideas about the best way to get this android/java client.

Thanks in advance,

Jose Carlos.

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:58:52 PM »

If you have XML-RPC support on your Android client, the easiest way to make RTC remote functions accessible from your Android Client is to add "fmt_XMLRPC" to the "DataFormats" property of the TRtcServerModule component. For more information on type mapping between XML-RPC and the RTC Format, see this FAQ Topic:
XML-RPC vs. RTC Format

The alternative would be to use a TRtcDataProvider component to react to custom requests from Android clients, in which case you can use any other data format (for example, JSON by using the TRtcValue class with built-in JSON parser and generator support).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Jose Carlos
RTC License

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »

I think I will try xml-rpc, there are some xml-rpc java libraries for android.

Thanks.

Jose Carlos.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: