RTC Forums
May 31, 2024, 01:19:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need event like OnPrepareCall but for response  (Read 4706 times)
Max Terentiev
RTC License

« on: February 14, 2017, 04:13:17 AM »

Hi Danijel !

In recent updates you was added very useful event RtcClientModule.OnPrepareCall wich allow easy and centralizing logging and remote calls pre-processing.

But it's will be very nice if you add similar event but for centralized logging and preprocessing of received responses !

At this time it's looks like impossible to get response body from any of RtcClientModule events. If request has been sent using RtcClientModule.Execute - it's possible to access RtcClientModule.LastResult but if they sent using StartCalls/Post it's looks like accessible only from RtcResult.

It's should be very usefull if RTC allow easy logging of all requests and responses (headers and raw bodies) like FireFox FireBug or Chrome developer console.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:49:44 AM »

You are starting to mix apples and oranges now, but I'll see what I can do.
Max Terentiev
RTC License

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:13:51 PM »

Why it's needed for me: I implementing in my client ApiLog viewer as addition to Api reference quide. So, my users can see how exactly api calls works in different cases and it's help them to undertand things and implement thier own access to api server. Also, it's helps me to support users and debug api calls.

This probably useless for compressed RTC format but will be good for XML-RPC and JSON-RPC.

Of cource I can add needed event myself (since I already modify RtcClientModule and ServerModule to support JSON-RPC format). I ask for this event because I thinks it's should be usefull for another RTC SDK users. But it's for your choise. If you think it's useless - no problem, I will add it myself.

Thank you very much !
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:00:04 PM »

I've never said it is useless.

I've said that you are starting to mix apples and oranges, because you are comparing RTC SDK to Web Browsers. It is one thing to provide access to data which is already buffered in memory (like HTML, CSS and JS content which is required by Web Browsers anyhow to render each page), but it is something entirely different to extend general-porpose communication components with events which would give you access to all request and response headers and their raw content bodies from a "central place".

Anyway ... I've already said that I will see what I can do and I have been working on an update (to be released soon) that will introduce new methods and events to allow logging and monitoring all content that is being received, without messing up the rest of the RTC implementation and without increasing memory usage for Applications which don't require this feature.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »

RealThinClient SDK v7.103 (just released) is now ready for download.

Please, try it out and let me know if this works for you, or if you need any additions.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Max Terentiev
RTC License

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »

Thank you very much ! Your support is incredible !!!

I need some time to merge my json-rpc patches with new RTC version. I will test and report back !

Thanks again !

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: