RTC Forums
May 03, 2024, 11:07:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FishFactsGroup project  (Read 4311 times)
Sorin
RTC Expired

« on: May 16, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »

Hi,

I installed the RTC SDK on a Delphi 2006 IDE. Now I try to test the demos. On FishFactsGroup I receive the error '[Pascal Error] rtcDB.pas(686): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TRtcDataSetChanges'. Any advice are welcome Smiley
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 02:01:49 PM »

TRtcDataSetChanges class is declared in the "rtcInfo.pas" unit in the Lib folder. The only reason I can think of, why you might be seeing that compile error, is that you have more than one RTC SDK version on your System and Delphi is using some older units intead of the current ones.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Sorin
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »

Yes, is true. My mistake. Sorry.
Sorin
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »

Hi,

Now I try to compile my old app created with RTC_SDK322 but I receive the message: File not found rtcConnLimit.dcu .
This file exists in the old SDK but not in the last SDK. My problem is that I'm not able to detect the component/file that need this dcu.
Any advice about a such migration ?
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »

rtcConnLimit unit was deprecated and removed from the RTC SDK in version 3.42, so you should remove any references to that unit from your Project(s) if you want to compile them with the latest RTC SDK version. If you get compile errors about undeclared identifiers after removing that unit, you should update your code to NOT use global variables from that unit.

PS. I recommend keeping your Projects up to date with the latest RTC SDK version to minimize possible side-effects of migrations from very old RTC SDK versions, especially now that Embarcadero is introducing big changes to their compiler. Migration from v5.x to v6.x was already a big step.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Sorin
RTC Expired

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »

Hi,

I can use another unit instead of the rtcConnLimit or is OK if I remove any reference of this unit?

Inside of one unit I founded (and commented) few variables like:
//  RTC_LIMIT_CONN := LIMIT_CONN;
//  RTC_LIMIT_CONN_COUNT[RTC_ACTION_CONNECT]:= LIMIT_CONN_COUNT_ACTION_CONNECT;
//  RTC_LIMIT_CONN_COUNT[RTC_ACTION_ACCEPT]:= LIMIT_CONN_COUNT_ACTION_ACCEPT;
//  RTC_LIMIT_CONN_COUNT[RTC_ACTION_READ]:= LIMIT_CONN_COUNT_ACTION_READ;
//  RTC_LIMIT_CONN_COUNT[RTC_ACTION_WRITE]:= LIMIT_CONN_COUNT_ACTION_WRITE;
Is enough to comment those variables or I must to replace with another variables?

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 09:27:58 AM »

Just remove all references to the rtcConnLimit unit and remove any code which was referencing code from that unit, because that functionality has been removed.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: