RTC Forums
May 20, 2024, 02:58:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer file question  (Read 3799 times)
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« on: January 13, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »

Hi Danijel,

one small question...
I have a bit of a problem when clients (customers) connect per ftp to my server, some work, some can't get a directory listing.
Now I'd like to implement through RTC the sending (like compressed database backups up to 1-2 gb size) and receiving of file (program updates, around 130 mb). Does it makes sense or is the encoding or something making it much bigger to send with RTC... ?
I wrote a small GetFile that works and transfers 50mb rather fast...

Or should I use something like indy and binary file transfer..

Thanks
Helge
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:45:36 PM »

HTTP has a small header footprint (not much larger than FTP), while the entire content body is sent in raw binary format, which makes it a perfect candidate for implementing file transfer (upload and download). There is no reason for a RTC Server to use more bandwidth or be slower than a FTP Server. Just use a TRtcDataProvider component on the Server and TRtcDataRequest on the Client side. If you need examples, check BrowserUpload, ClientUpload and ServerLesson1 - 4 in the QuickStart folder (included in the RealThinClientSDK zip file).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 04:09:08 PM »

Thanks, just wanted to have the confirmation that I'm not developing in a wrong direction. I used your examples, they work just fine and are easy to use Smiley

Helge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: