RTC Forums
May 08, 2024, 12:19:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HTTP Client behind NAT  (Read 4330 times)
dex
RTC Expired

« on: January 21, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »

Hi,

I have simple Client - Server application built with RTC components, which is performing extremely well. However, when behind NAT (e.g. in Virtual Machine using NAT) Client cannot connect to the Server although I can ping Server's ip address, and can even telnet to the ip&port.

Is there anything I can do with the Client to make it connect, even though it is behind NAT?

Thanks!
D.

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »

It sounds to me like you have a firewall with selective port filtering on the Client PC (Virtual Machine), which is allowing outgoing connections on the telnet port (probably enabled by default), but disallowing outgoing connections on the Port you are using for your Server. Except for configuring that firewall to allow outgoing connections to your Servers Port and IP, I don't see what you could do.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »

Btw ... in order to test if there is a general problem with the OS (like a firewall), you could add one TRtcDataProvider component to the Server for processing a request like "/test", which would simply write something like "<html><body>ONLINE</body></html>" out, so you can use a Web Browser to test the connection. For example, if your Server was on IP 192.168.12.13 listening on Port 8080, you should get a reply from the Server by entering http://192.168.12.13:8080/test into any Web Browsers "Address" field.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
dex
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:48:59 PM »

That's a great idea!

Thanks!
D.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: