RTC Forums
May 09, 2024, 08:48:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I work off line with rtcMemDataset using FM-IOS ?  (Read 3446 times)
Jose Carlos
RTC License

« on: May 22, 2012, 09:42:37 PM »

Hi

I am very glad to use so far your component, every thing working fine on FM-IOS application so far.

I am using your component, to make my sincronization, so I will host an RTC server app in a Cloud server, all sincronization will use your component and
I was trying to use a sqlite database to store the data.

I am very frustrate about sqlite and firemonkey, I am stucked on that.

I am thinking about, if I could use rtcMemDataset to have data stored locally, So I can enter the rtcMemDataset.filename, the documents folder, as all IOS application have a folder to write its own data.

So I could persisty data on local and have the syncronization to the server.

I will make a test on an iPad

Just want your opinion about it.

Thanks
Jose Carlos

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:11:54 PM »

Please note that TRtcMemDataSet will ONLY be loading data from the File when you set Active to TRUE (once), and will ONLY be writing a complete contents of a dataset back to the file after you set Active to FALSE (also once). Any changes you make to TRtcMemDataSet while it is Active, will NOT be automatically stored to the File. If you are fine with this behavior, just make sure to set the FileName property to a location where you know that your iOS App will have write access.

PS. You can also directly access the TRtcDataSet object stored inside a TRtcMemDataSet through its "asDataSet" property, which allows you to serialize the complete dataset (for example, to store it to a file) without closing it.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Jose Carlos
RTC License

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »

That sounds great, I will test it.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: