RTC Forums
May 19, 2024, 02:05:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to route one URL to another  (Read 3636 times)
sfarmer
RTC Expired

« on: March 19, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »

Hi,

We have several HTTP Intraweb applications running across different ports on the same PC. I would like to run some kind of router on port 80 that forwards incoming requests to the right port and application. My idea is an URL would come in on port 80 and get routed to the correct port as follows:-

app1.fds.com -> www.fds.com:8800
app2.fds.com -> www.fds.com:8801
app3.fds.com -> www.fds.com:8802

All app1.fds.com , app2.fds.com ,  app3.fds.com ,  www.fds.com domains would point to the same IP.

I know I can redirect the web browser to the correct port but we are finding more and more customers are blocking outgoing ports in their firewalls.

I believe I can use an TRtcDataRouter to do this running in an app which would do the routing. I've looked at the 2 Router demos but there seems to be a lot to implement.

All I want to do is forward all requests transparently from one URL to Port No on the same machine.

Will TRtcDataRouter do this and if so what are the events I need to implement to do this?

Thanks

Simon

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »

Please check the RTC Load Balancer 3 Project and modify it as needed.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
clockon
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:45:48 AM »

ah kool this is good to know, we are doing a similar thing with IntraWeb, but we are actually looking at ditching it completely and using RTC. So much easier to work with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: