RTC Forums
May 05, 2024, 01:29:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Middletier messaging  (Read 3708 times)
Zoran
RTC Partner

« on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:13 PM »

Hi Danijel

I made changes to your DB_Access demo server to communicate with NexusDB database. Most of the original code is still there. I added few new options, couple of functions, and NexusDB specific code. I'm still testing it, and plan to deploy in the next project (whenever it comes along).

I need to provide some very basic messaging between clients, only 4 functions:

- register client for messaging (when they login into database). Just client name (no password, no other data).
- unregister client (when they logout)
- get list of registered clients (everybody who is online at the moment)
- send short text message from one client to another

For example: ClientA logs into database and registers him with a messaging service. ClientB does the same. Both ClientA and ClientB look at the same database rows. ClientA changes something in the table. At this point I want to send a message from ClientA to ClientB and silently refresh ClientB's database grid (without him doing anything).

In the RTC_Messenger demo you have all the elements to do this, but it is very complex. I need very small portion of it - just basic 4 functions, no message display, no friend list, no ignore list, no windows to pop-up....

I was wondering does someone else have similar need for 'really-scalled-down' messenger? And do you have, besides digging into RTC_Messenger code, any suggestion how to get this functionality faster?

Thank you.

Best regards
Zoran

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:13:39 PM »

Hi Zoran,

the only thing I can suggest you is to take the back-end implementation of the RTC Messenger (Client and Server side), then remove the functions which you don't need and put a new front-end on top of that to accommodate your actual requirements.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Zoran
RTC Partner

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 07:24:10 PM »

Thanks, Danijel. That's what I've planned to do, but I was hoping for a faster (and less work) solution.

Best regards
Zoran
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »

I'm afraid I don't have any other option for you. But if anyone else has source code whch they think would better suit your needs and which they are willing to share, feel free to exchange your E-Mails through private messaging and communicate directly.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: