RTC Forums
May 15, 2024, 06:04:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: router with two WAN ports  (Read 3627 times)
Director

« on: December 04, 2010, 09:34:04 PM »

Dear Daniel,

We continue a big project on the base of your RTC component. For a long time everything was working with stability but with development of the project the used equipment is also developping. Now we faced the problem of router using with two WAN ports. The problem is the following (with absence of data on the work of router itsself besides the mode of its work 100/0 -> 0/100): 2 wan channels are connected to router, we make the following actions - we disconnect from the port the channel working at that moment. Router switches to the second channel with time-out, but (!) application doesn't see it and continues to send inquiries to the previous port, i.e. nowhere. At that moment the simple browser works and the transfer for it is unnoticeable. We made an experiment , similar experiment but with  ping  and got the following results - ping is started and shows that the resource google.com  is accessible , we switch off working  wan, link fails and google becomes unaccessible as resourse, unaccessible for ping. So we have two windows - in the first google is accessible, in the other  is unaccessible.
In our application with switching of channels, no exceptions happen. I would like to ask you if you had an experience with such hardware and I also would like to receive some recommendations on organization of  network application during the  work with such hardware. We used for tests the following hardware  http://routerboard.com/index.php?showProduct=56.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Best regards,
Anatoly aka Direсtor of Zoo
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »

It seems to me like your actions on the router are NOT affecting already open connections to the router. In other words, the router is leaving connections open and waiting for you to plug the port back in. As a result, clients connected to the router will continue using their already open connections until they time out (which would usually happen after 2 hours on Windows).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: