RTC Forums
May 10, 2024, 04:18:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sesion expired didn't work  (Read 3326 times)
Theprasit
RTC License++

« on: November 01, 2014, 07:51:57 AM »

Hi,

Just tried and test your demo "RTC_WebPackageManager" about session log-on and expired. It's seem that session expired is not function properly.
I did a testing as follow:-
- Compile a demo and start listening.
- Go to some page and wait for more than 240 second (as mentioned in a source code)
- Refresh page or edit URL to go to another page, the server still response with normal.

Per my understanding, after session expired, the server should not response anymore or should re-direct to some page. Is it correct?

Do you have any idea on how to test that a session expired is functional?

Thank you and Regards,

Theprasit

P.S. I test with Firefox 32   
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »

Session expiration is handled during garbage collection, when a Session object is unlocked, but ONLY if at least two Sessions exist. This is because a Session will NOT expire if it has recently been used. The purpose of Session expiration is memory cleanup and is handled loosely. The expiration time is understood as "do not expire before" time and not as "has to expire after" time. There are a number of topics related to this already on the Forums. Please use the search feature on the Forums and you will find them.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Theprasit
RTC License++

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 05:15:11 AM »

Hi Danijel,

Sorry I'm pure Delphi programming, Web is new for me and Web technology is a bit complicate  Grin

Your advice is correct, after tried with more than one PC (more than 1 session), session expiration is working properly.

Thank you for your explanation. You are great!

Best Regards,

Theprasit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: