RTC Forums
May 05, 2024, 01:54:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: authentication  (Read 3466 times)
GeorgeK

« on: September 21, 2010, 01:01:52 AM »

Is there any way to authenticate client? I mean i want to make sure that only MY client will connect to server.
I had one idea to write a custom function Authenticate and provide a hash that will be decoded only by a server known key.

Any other idea?
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 01:09:39 AM »

You will usually want to have a "login" remote function which your clients will have to call before they can do anything else. In that function, you will check what rights the user should have ton the Server and prepare a Session object on the Server which you will use from all your other remote functions to see what the user is allowed to do.

If you want to limit access to the Server ONLY to specific clients, you can filter them by IP address ("PeerAddr" property), you can use SSL encryption with a private key (for which you need 3rd-party encryption components on the Server, like StreamSec Tools for example) and you can use RTC encryption with a "Secure Key" if you use RTC remote functions on the Client and Server.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: