RTC Forums
May 05, 2024, 08:30:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto discovery of servers  (Read 3872 times)
DPerkins
RTC License

« on: June 21, 2017, 10:40:40 AM »

Hello

Are their RTC components I could use for my application to auto-discover available RTC servers for it to use?

Thanks
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:52:00 AM »

There are no components in the RTC SDK for that specific putpose, but if all your Clients and Servers are inside LAN and running on Windows, you could use raw UDP components (TRtcUDPServer on the Server and TRtcUdpClient on your Clients) to broadcast a message from you Clients using UDP and send a response back from your Servers.

The alternative would be to have one Server with an address known to all Clients where all your other Servers would need to register and your Clients could check to get a list of Servers they can use. This would work in any environment, but requires at least one Server with a known address (where all the other Servers need to register) to be always accessible and kind-of defies the idea od auto-discovery.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
DPerkins
RTC License

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 10:57:54 AM »

Thanks. Both methods would be useful.  I'm mainly looking to reduce client configuration and also to distribute the load across a few servers.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:03:24 AM »

Data Router and Load Balancer can help with load distriburion across multiple Servers. Check the Load Balancer 3 Demo for an example. A combination of UDP for auto-discovery and a Load Balancer (or multiple Load Balancers - if the network load is extremely high) is probably the best solution to your problem.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: