RTC Forums
May 05, 2024, 02:13:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transferring file from client to server and downloading a file  (Read 3975 times)
gyucel

« on: June 18, 2010, 11:35:45 AM »

Hi All,
While searchinh HTTP support, I found RTC components. I examined deeper and saw that they are very well designed and meets my needs.

Now,
From client to server I want to post an XML file and I want to download a zip file from server. I searched for examples and examined the demos bu cant figure out how. Is there any sample code?

Both client and server works as a windows service. They must run 7/24 and multi threaded. What is the most rebust way to code this with RTC.How can I do that?

Regards.
gyucel

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:19:37 PM »

Im so sorry that there are lots of samples in QuickStart directory.

Regards.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 01:14:46 PM »

For an example project sending data from Client to Server, look in the "QuickStart/ClientUpload" folder.

That project also shows how to split large content in smaller chunks when sending files, so you can also send large files which do not fit in Clients memory. To send requests with short content, you can directly write the whole content body in the OnBeginRequest event, so you do not need any other events than OnBeginRequest and OnDataReceived on the Client.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 01:21:26 PM »

For an example project where the Client is downloading files from Server, look in the "Demos/File_Client" folder. Same as in the "upload" example, this one can also handle large files.

For simple examples, check visual Quick Start lessons.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: