RTC Forums
May 18, 2024, 06:55:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: client does not get data from server  (Read 4053 times)
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« on: January 06, 2018, 12:35:32 AM »

Hello Danijel,

first: happy new year! Smiley

I have with one client a strange problem where the client opens a connection on a certain port and sends me data. I receive them, process them and send an answer. A "simple" remote function and it works very well with hundreds of clients every day.
One client sends me the data, i can process them, but I never get into the TRtcResult event on the client side. I can't figure out what could cause this.

You have any idea, where to look ?
We already turned the firewall off on the client side, we tried different internet provider modems. And as I said, we have much more clients and they don't have any problem.

Thx in advance for your ideas..
Helge
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 08:45:20 AM »

These kinds of problems are usually caused by Anti-Virus Software running on the Client machine, but it could also be a Proxy, Router or Firewall problem. If the Client is running on Windows, one thing you can try is to change the API your Client is using by changing the following properties (before you try to connect) on the "TRtcHttpClient" component ...

* to use the blocking WinSock API, set "useBlocking:=TRUE"
* to use the blocking WinInet API, set "useProxy:=TRUE"
* to use the blocking WinHTTP API, set "useWinHttp:=TRUE"
* to use the async WinSock API, all 3 properties listed above have to be set to FALSE (default)

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Dany
RTC License++

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »

I had a user affiliated with one of my clients that could not log in. After some digging it turns out that the ISP in Serbia had another NAT before the "real internet" so that user's IP would change between requests (as Danijel writes mentioning Proxy, Router). After an e-mail to the ISP all is cool. The tricky thing was that this was at the ISP, not at the office i witch the user worked. Pitching in here as that /may/ be your problem too, so HTH.

/Dany
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 04:08:02 PM »

This one I had, too. With another client.
But with the current client we connected with 2 different internet provider and still nothing. One of the 2 provider I also use and it works fine for me. The firewall we also turned off and nothing.
When their network admin returns from vacation I will try out what Danijel suggested.

Thanks, mate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: