RTC Forums
May 03, 2024, 10:00:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server Function implemented  (Read 3516 times)
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« on: December 16, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »

Is there a way to check if a certain named function is implemented in the server code ?

Thanks,
Helge
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 08:43:39 AM »

Yes. By using the FunctionExists method on the TRtcFunctionGroup component connected to the TRtcServerModule on the Server.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 01:32:26 PM »

Means on the client side I can't check for certain functions. Sad.
But maybe I could write a server functions that does general checking for functions.

But also could you write a similar function in the TRtcClientModule ? That will reduce the need to have something already implemented that receive a FunctionExists request, because right now I need it in order to not to force the client to update the server software. If I write the server function they need to update it. Could be a nice feature

Thanks, Helge
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 09:53:09 AM »

Without communication between the Client and the Server, there is no way for the Client to get information which is normally only avialable on the Server. But if you want information on the Client which is available on the Server, you can always write a remote functions or use a plain HTTP request to get it.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: