RTC Forums
May 14, 2024, 06:22:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Indy works but RTC does not  (Read 3815 times)
mthand
RTC Expired

« on: August 09, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »

First, this is a very generic question and i don't have specific code to share, I'm just looking for some things to try.

We have a Delphi XE2 program that uses Indy and a very old library called DelphiXMLRPC to communicate with an XMLRPC webservice.
I converted it to RTC and it is working great for 98% of the users.

However, there are a few users where it fails with a connection error.  These users are corporate users with pretty strict security on their internet.

I've written a test program to give them and it demonstrates that our indy webservice is working, but not RTC.

So I'm wondering if you can think of something i can try, possibly settings in either RtcHttpClient or RtcClientModule, that i could experiment with.

I realize this is lacking in specifics, sorry.  i just wondered if you have dealt with this and have  any ideas for a fix.

Thanks
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 01:31:21 PM »

If I understand you correctly, you are having problems porting a Client written with Indy to work the same way with the RTC SDK. If that is the case and you want my help, then I will need more specifics, or ... even better (A) a working Indy example and (B) the same example using the RTC SDK which should work, but doesn't.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
mthand
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »

OK fair enough.   I will try to put together a small program to replicate.
The problem is that it only errors on the client's PC, the ones with the high security, but this all works fine for a thousand other users, including me. I was hoping there was a simple settings options regarding security but I understand it gets complicated.

Where do I send this ? Just attach here ?
I probably can't get this to you until Monday because I have to leave town tomorrow for four days.

Thanks for your time, i appreciate it.
-John

D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »

Send it by E-Mail to:

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: