RTC Forums
May 04, 2024, 09:12:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building RTC packages for other platform targets  (Read 3567 times)
hoby

« on: June 18, 2013, 07:11:41 AM »

Hello...

I am using XE4 and am attempting to build the RTC Release 6.14 Main SDK package for the Win 64 target.  I simply added the Win64 target and attempted to build it.  The readme file only mentions selecting something from the "Selected Platform" dropdown menu and then to "repeat the process for every platform".  No other steps are listed.

But, when I build, I get this error: E2202 Required package 'DesignIde' not found.

If I remove that package, it will build further, but starts hitting issues with other designer related units.

Is there a documented process for targeting platforms other than Win32 with the RTC SDK? 
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 09:53:19 AM »

Because Delphi is a Win32-only IDE, you only need to build and install RTC packages for the Win32 platform. You can NOT build Delphi packages for other platforms, because Delphi ONLY has design-time packages for the Win32 platform.

Library Paths need to be updated for all platforms you want to BUILD your Projects for, but this is only required for Project compilation and not for package installation.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
hoby

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:44:23 AM »

Oh, duh. I feel silly.  Smiley  Thanks.
Kevin Powick
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »

Because Delphi is a Win32-only IDE, you only need to build and install RTC packages for the Win32 platform. You can NOT build Delphi packages for other platforms, because Delphi ONLY has design-time packages for the Win32 platform.
Unfortunately this approaches causes what I call "project DCU pollution".  You are forced to recompile the RTC SDK from source in every project that uses it, and the DCUs from RTC end up in your project directory along with your project's DCUs.

I always try to install 3rd party components/libs so that the source files are only compiled once, leaving me with DCUs only in the folder related to the component.  The way I usually approach this is to install 3rd party components under Win32 for the IDE, then switch to Win64 and compile them again to separate xxx/win64 directories.

I set up the appropriate Win32 and Win64 library paths and everything works great.  No "dcu pollution" in my projects.

Linux is only free if your time is worthless
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: