RTC Forums
May 04, 2024, 10:55:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor problem, "EOF" causes conflict in C++  (Read 3468 times)
joepasquariello
RTC License+

« on: September 25, 2013, 11:16:54 PM »

Hello RTC,

There are two functions in rtcInfo.pas named EOF, which causes a link error in C++ if certain C standard library headers are used in the same C++ source file. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but it looks like someone did, because this change was made in rtdDB.pas, as shown by the comment below.

If possible, could you please change the properties and functions named "EOF" to "Eof"?

Thanks very much.

Joe

Lib\rtcDB.pas
    property Eof; // : Boolean read FEOF; {Upper case EOF conflicts with C++}
Lib\rtcInfo.pas
    function EOF:boolean;
    function EOF:boolean;
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:58:55 AM »

Thank you for reporting this conflict. I've uploaded RTC SDK v6.23 now with a fix for this C++Builder compatibility issue ("EOF" was renamed to "Eof"). I've also renamed "BOF" to "Bof" for consistency reasons.

Please, let me know if you hit any other compatibility problems with C++Builder.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
joepasquariello
RTC License+

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »

Thanks for the quick response, Danijel. I know that most people use Delphi, and I really appreciate your willingness to keep RTC compatible with C++ Builder. I have gone through about half of the demo projects, creating C++ versions. Would you be interested in adding them to your demo distribution?

Joe
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »

I think that would be a good idea.

Can you make sure that there are no absolute paths used in your files and send me only the files which are required to compile the Projects in C++Builder? It is important that all the Projects work out-of-the-box, no matter where they are dropped.

You can send the files in a ZIP to:

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: