RTC Forums
May 19, 2024, 01:14:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RTC Compiler Packages  (Read 4803 times)
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« on: September 26, 2015, 03:22:11 PM »

Hi Danijel,

I have quite some problems with compiling every time you make a new version. The main reason is the rtcSDK.dpr with its compiler switches.

I found a way to work around that, but still every version needs some work from my side, but it's much less hassle.
The problem is that I can't use rtcSDK.bpl, I compile them as rtcSDK220.bpl etc (using lib suffix). But every time I change something in the project option, Delphi removes all IFNDEFs you have.

So my solution I use here locally is :

1. Make a designtime package to remove DesignIDE with the 2 units rtcEditors.pas and rtcRegister.pas. The rtcSDK will become a runtime only package
2. the rtcRSA.pas will put the whole interface and the implementation in an {$IFNDEF RTC_NORSA} so the dpr can always have the rtcRSA.pas in the unit list.

With those 2 changes you can edit the option all you want without destroying anything Smiley

I hope, that it will not break anything in your code.

Greetings from Bogotá
Helge
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 10:57:30 PM »

Please, download RTC SDK v7.04 and let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 03:37:53 AM »

I'll try it tomorrow morning and tell you how that went. Thanks in advance, fast response Smiley
I also was thinking to send you the packages I created...
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »

Worked fine, would have done just one runtime and one designtime, but at least now we can switch between compiler options Smiley
Thanks, Danijel
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 05:05:52 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 06:59:13 PM »

I recommend another small change, because Delphi sent me on a search on 3TB space for some bpl...

The error I had was that Delphi 10 told me, that rtcEditors.pas and some other were already in rtcSDK.bpl, But i recently installed it and didn't have RTC compile there yet.
After a lot of work I found out that Delphi found my rtc installation in XE5 and used that BPL (which was a 7.02) and generated the error.
What I do with my components and which solved my problem with multiple Delphi installations I need for multiple projects is to add the lib suffix (i.e. rtcSDK230.bpl) through the option, no in the name itself. Since then no problems anymore Smiley

But if necessary I can put the lib suffix myself with each new version.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »

There are 3 package versions (rtcSDK, rtcSDKx2 and rtcSDKx3) and the idea was to use one for each Delphi version you have installed, without manually making any changes to package names.

As for me, I have removed all Delphi entries from the global System PATH variable and use a custom CMD file to add only the PATHs required for the Delphi version being started to avoid such PATH-related headaches.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
HelgeLange
RTC Expired

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 05:41:22 PM »

Well, I won't argue, every programmer has it's own styles and customs. A component developer myself use the lib suffix, as I also have applications installed on the same PC with the same packages in different Delphi versions. Also you might have to think about different companies that make software with your components using packages and they work in different Delphi versions. If both sell to the same client, without lib suffix it will clash.

But don't worry, i make the change locally whenever a new version comes out

Greetings from Colombia,
Helge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: