RTC Forums
May 21, 2024, 10:54:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Android to Ubutnu using TRtcHTTPServer/Client  (Read 3637 times)
sfarmer
RTC Expired

« on: February 12, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »

Hi,

I have written a few Apps now using your TrtcHTTPServer/Client and TrtcFunctions and I have to say I love how simple RTC is.   Cheesy

I have written a very simple app that retrieves a text file from a Linux Server (Ubuntu 13.10). The server app is written in Lazarus and the Client App is written in XE5 (Mobile Platform).

The server seems to run fine and communicates well with the XE5 client app when running under Windows but when I try and run the same app under Android it fails.

Under windows the Server Reports the follwing events:-

HttpServerClientConnect
  HttpServerConnect
  HttpServerSessionOpen
  ServerModuleSessionOpen

But under Android the last event that gets called is HttpServerConnect:-

HttpServerClientConnect
  HttpServerConnect

I'm using port 13570 and the server's firewall is turned off (for now).

I have sucessfully written similar apps that talk from Android Client to Windows Server (on Port 80) but can't seem to figure out what i'm doing wrong here.

Any Ideas,

Thanks

Simon
Kevin Powick
RTC Expired

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 12:36:24 AM »

If there is a problem with the Android support for RTC, I'm sure Danijel will get on it.  However, and unfortunately, he has stated many times that there is no support for RTC on Linux. Sad

It really is too bad that RTC/FCP/Lazarus is not supported on Linux.  It's forced me to go in a different direction, and since I do not wish to maintain multiple code bases in different languages, I'm not sure how much I'll be using RTC in the future.

Linux is only free if your time is worthless
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 07:17:13 AM »

For Andoid apps, make sure to use the rtcFMX.GUI unit somewhere in your Android Project. That unit is required for all non-Windows Applications accessing the GUI, because it is responsible for synchronization between background threads and the Main thread. Check this Quick Start topic for more details.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
sfarmer
RTC Expired

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:58:09 AM »

Hi,

Yes that was the problem, working now  Smiley

Thanks

Simon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: