RTC Forums
May 05, 2024, 04:50:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RtcTcpServer unique identifier?  (Read 3244 times)
hannesgw
RTC Expired

« on: July 26, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »

Hello I would like to know how I can identify(unique) in a multi-threaded server application, the connections.
So that I can store information to each connection (like sessions).
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »

I'm not sure why you are using raw TCP/IP components instead of HTTP-based components, but if you are asking where you can store information about the physical connection you are currently working with, then check the "Info" property of the "Sender:TRtcConection" parameter (sent to every event triggered for any connection).

NOTE: Session is NOT the same as a physical connection. Normally, sessions will "live" much longer than physical connections, and are used to uniquely identify Clients, independently of physical connections. Would you be using HTTP-based components (TRtcHttpServer/TRtcHttpClient), you would have access to built-in RTC Session management through the "Session" property, which is available on all TRtcDataClient and TRtcDataServer component descendants (used for HTTP communication).

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: