RTC Forums
May 14, 2024, 11:02:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRtcMemDataSet. Will be compatible with mobile soon ?  (Read 4597 times)
mastinfo
RTC License

« on: October 24, 2014, 05:00:06 PM »

I see that TRtcMemDataSet is not available for Android and (i guess) for iOS.
Are you going to make it compatible in short time?

thanks

Roberto
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:07:34 PM »

If you are starting a new Mobile Project using Delphi XE4 or newer version, you should use TRtcClientDataSet instead. It has a lot more features than TRtcMemDataSet and is compatible with all platforms, because it is a direct descendant of the TClientDataSet component from Delphi. If you don't like the TRtcClientDataSet component for one reason or another, you can use any 3rd-party in-memory DataSet component in combination with the TRtcDataSetMonitor component from RTC, or implement your own in-memory DataSet descendant based on any 3rd-party in-memory DataSet by using the TRtcClientDataSet implementation as an example (a starting point).

To answer your question, plans for making the TRtcMemDataSet component compatible with the new Mobile compiler (Delphi XE4 and later) have been dropped in favor of the TRtcClientDataSet component. TRtcMemDataSet component will remain available for use with older Projects, but it won't be actively maintained nor pushed forward. In short, TRtcMemDataSet is being deprecated.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
mastinfo
RTC License

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:44:26 AM »

TRtcClientDataSet could be good but i see that the component is disabled (grayed) in my Delphi XE6 components palette.
I have created a new mobile application and the target is Android

Roberto
RTC 6.41
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 10:21:11 AM »

Oops. I see that now. While creating the rtcSDK_DBCli package, Delphi automatically added the VCL package to the requires list, which made all the components in that package "locked" to the Windows platform. If you remove the VCL package from the required list in the rtcSDK_DBCli package and build/install the package again, the component will be available for all platforms. I'm going to fix that now and release an update. Sorry about that.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
mastinfo
RTC License

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:13 AM »

Hello, i have removed VCL.DCP from the requires list of the DBCLI package. Uninstalled, rebuilded and reinstalled.
Anyway the component is still disabled. Probably there's something else to do ..

Roberto
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »

You were right. There was another problem. The "rtcDefs.inc" file wasn't included in the rtcDBCli.pas unit, because of which the IDE_XE2up compiler directive wasn't declared, so the ComponentPlatformsAttribute directive inside {$IFDEF IDE_XE2} wasn't being compiled. Anyway ... I've fixed both problems now and released an update (v6.42), so you don't have to make any changes manually.

PS. If you still need a separate set of RTC packages for your 2nd Delphi installation, there are now 2 additional Project Groups (SDKPackagesX2_* and SDKPackagesX3_*), each with its own set of of RTC packages in the Lib folder, so you don't have to create your own copies.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
mastinfo
RTC License

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 03:04:41 PM »

Thanks it's ok now.

Thanks also for adding the packages Smiley

Roberto
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: