RTC Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:22:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HTTPS Demo?  (Read 3943 times)
dev

« on: May 05, 2014, 09:04:04 PM »

Hello.

I have recently installed StreamTec Tool v2.2 and wish to create a POC that implements an RTC client/server that uses HTTPS.

It would be useful if such a demo already existed.  If so, can someone kindly refer me to it?  If this is not available, can someone please offer pointers on how this could be accomplished?

Best regards.
dev

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:04:28 PM »

One step closer I have installed rtcSDK_SSec.dpk now.

It looks like RTCWebForumTLS is the HTTPS demo I am looking for.  If not, please correct me.

One issue I am noticing with this demo is, once the server attempts to start listening.

ERtcSocketError>Error #10048 in "Bind": Address or Port already in use.

I have since stopped IIS.  I have also changed the listening port from 443 to 44311 but neither helped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Henrick (StreamSec)
RTC Partner

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 01:03:32 PM »

The RTCWebFormumTLS demo ha both a HTTP server and a HTTPS server. You probably have to change the port of the HTTP server as well.

Also, please note that several of the RTC SDK demos feature a {$IFDEF StreamSecII} conditional, which allows you to turn it into a HTTPS demo.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:20:37 AM »

Here's some additional info ...

1. Error #10048 in "Bind": Address or Port already in use means that another Server is already using the Port number you are trying to use. You will either need to stop the other Server, or change the Port number of your Server.

2. If you change the Port number of your Server from default values (80 for HTTP, 443 for HTTPS), you will also need to specify that port number in the URL when accessing the Server from a Web Browser. For example, if you are using Port 44311 over SSL and the Server is running locally, you need to enter this URL in your web browser to access the Server:
https://localhost:44311/

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
dev

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 11:33:34 PM »

Thanks Henrick and Danijel - for a moment I did not realize I had IIS running. 

This issue is resolved now.

Thanks & regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: