RTC Forums
May 05, 2024, 09:18:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrading from v6.38 to v7.65 on Delphi 7  (Read 3632 times)
treebyte_srl
RTC License

« on: December 19, 2016, 04:27:21 PM »

Hello Danijel,

I'm upgrading components from version 6.38 to version 7.65 on Delphi 7.

I know that on version 7.04 there was a change in component packaging, but now I'm facing a problem regarding missing components on my palette.

I explain.

I follow instructions on readme, so:

1) uninstalling old packages
2) deleting all .bpl and .dcp files of old packages
3) open SDKPackages_Main.bpg and install the packages in the suggested order:
 - rtcSDK.dpk
 - rtcSDKD.dpk
 - rtcSDK_DBA.dpk
 - rtcSDKD_DBA.dpk

rtcSDK is installed properly.
When I try to install rtcSDKD, I get a message from the compiler about the need of removing some units in order to compile the package:

Remove rtcRegister, rtcISAPISrv, rtcISAPIApp, rtcISAPISrvProv, rtcEditors.
Unit(s) rtcRegister, rtcISAPISrv, rtcISAPIApp, rtcISAPISrvProv, rtcEditors were found in required package rtcSDK

If I continue, the package rtcSDKD is installed, but some components are missing, for example TRtcHttpClient.

I try to find some old messages about this problem but I didn't find something related. Can you help me ?

Thanks in advice and best regards

Giuseppe Garzotto
treebyte S.r.l.
D.Tkalcec (RTC)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »

The error/warning message you are getting while trying to install the rtcSDKD package suggests that an older rtcSDK package is still installed in your Delphi IDE, because none of the units listed for removal should exist in the new rtcSDK package, but ONLY in the rtcSDKD package.

Check your hard drive for older versions of RTC files and either delete them, or make sure they are NOT in your search path. Then uninstall all RTC packages from your Delphi IDE, restart Delphi, make sure no RTC packages are installed, then try to build and install the new RTC packages again.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec
treebyte_srl
RTC License

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 09:10:11 AM »

I rename the old RTC directory to make a backup, and put the new version in the directory configured in the search path.
So, teorically the old version, after deleting blps and dcps, should not be loaded at all.

However, after deleting the old directory, all works properly.

Thanks a lot

Giuseppe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: